Central Nervous System: Experience & Expertise
- CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM (CNS) (CNS) Disorders is one of Defined Health’s most active business practices with projects considering neurological, psychiatric and pain indications.
- The CNS practice is led by Ginger Johnson, PhD, CEO.
- As CNS mechanisms have potential across various neurological, psychological and even pain indications, we are often asked to assess CNS opportunities at the earliest clinical stages. We have worked with multiple companies to define a clinical development / opportunity sequencing strategies to maximize the value of a CNS asset.
- CNS specialty markets (e.g., neurologists, psychiatrists, pain specialists) are an area of focus for many of our clients and, are therefore, spaces in which we actively identify and recommend partnering opportunities.
- Specific CNS diseases in which Defined Health has amassed a substantial knowledge base include, but are not limited to:
Central Nervous System: Select Recent Case Studies
- Pharma Company: Assessed early-stage, novel mechanism agents to complement their neurology pipeline, specifically focused on neurodegenerative disorders including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis, as well as orphan indications. Worked with the company’s scientific and business development team to prioritize and further evaluate attractive opportunities. Several of the identified opportunities are being considered for partnering.
- Specialty Pharma Company: Valued and prioritized a defined group of potential in-licensing candidates all focused on the treatment of acute pain, including migraine and post-operative pain.
- European Pharma Company: Developed clinical development strategy for a novel mechanism across various neuropathic pain types. Evaluated the potential of the agent to address the needs of specific patient subsets, clinical/regulatory risk and commercial positioning and value compared to future standard of care.
- Pharma Company: Evaluated the future market potential for an early-stage, repurposed agent targeting multiple subsets of anxiety and depression disorders as either a monotherapy or adjunct to standard of care.
- Major Pharma Company: Evaluated and prioritized indications for an early CNS-acting compound across multiple indications including Alzheimer’s disease/mild cognitive impairment, schizophrenia-related cognitive disorder and Parkinson’s related cognitive disorder.
- Financial Firm: Strategically assessed the potential growth of a marketed product within the neuropathic pain and fibromyalgia markets, taking into particular consideration the impact of current pipeline agents.
- European Pharma Company: Worked with management team to prioritize options for execution on the company’s strategic plan to establish a commercial presence in the US market, ranging from acquisition of a company with existing commercial infrastructure to acquisition of a marketed product and organic build of sales force.
- Drug Delivery Company: Assessed and prioritized potential opportunities for delivery of various CNS therapeutics utilizing the company’s proprietary technology.