Jeffrey M. Bockman, PhD
Senior Vice President, Head of Oncology Practice
Jeff leads the Oncology and Virology Practices at Defined Health. Jeff has extensive commercial and strategic perspective on the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. He has directed hundreds of in-depth licensing opportunity and valuation assessments during his tenure at DH. He often speaks at conferences on scientific and commercial issues in cancer, biologics and personalized medicine.
Before joining Defined Health, Jeff was a Senior Research Scientist and Research Project Leader in the commercial development of oligonucleotide therapeutics for viral diseases and cancer at Innovir Laboratories; and an Assistant Research Professor at The George Washington University School of Medicine. He has worked closely with two Nobel Prize recipients: Dr. Sidney Altman on ribozymes, and Dr. Stanley Prusiner on prions, and holds four patents in the use of ribozymes.
He received a BA from University of California at San Diego, a PhD in Medical Microbiology from the University of California at Berkeley, and an MA in English/Creative Writing from New York University.
Jeff is a member of the Licensing Executives Society (LES), the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the American Society of Hematology (ASH), and the American Society of Gene and Cell Therapy (ASGCT).
- Web Panel Discussion: Non-Immuno-Oncology and Immuno-Oncology Partnering and Development: What’s the Role of Non-IO in an IO World?
- Immuno-Oncology Partnering: Tipping Point or Tip of the Iceberg?
- Web Panel Discussion: What’s Hot & What’s Not in Immuno-Oncology Licensing Part 2
- Web Panel Discussion: What’s Hot & What’s Not in Immuno-Oncology Licensing Part 1
- Boosting Immuno-Oncology Therapies to the Next Level: New Combinations & Approaches
- The Future of Immuno-Oncology: Perspectives from Academia and Industry
- What’s Hot & What’s Not in Oncology Licensing
- A Pre-Cancer Progress 2014 High Level Snapshot of Challenges & Opportunities in the Oncology Market
- From Pariah to Darling: Biopharma Finally Courts Immunotherapies
- A High Level Snapshot of Challenges & Opportunities in the Oncology Market